I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of great things about ASP.NET before. If there are many reasons why you must choose ASP.NET, here are the 10 reasons to convince you to drop your plans on choosing ASP.NET. It’s not worth it.
1. Provides 3 Development Platforms that bores you.
Web Forms, MVC and Web Pages are used by millions of developers around the world.
2. There’s nothing modern about ASP.NET.
3. It has a limited developer audience.
4. And so with the supported databases.
5. It's not exciting.
6. You can build ASP.NET apps using unfamiliar development environment and editor.
7. It's not host and platform Agnostic.
The new ASP.NET enables you to run and deploy your apps anywhere.
8. It has a limited online community supports.
ASP.NET has a wide community supports which includes the following:
- ASP.NET on CodePlex – This CodePlex project gives you access to the code for prior releases that the Microsoft ASP.NET team worked on.
- ASP.NET Official Website – The one stop site for learning ASP.NET
- ASP.NET World – ASPNETWorld.com is a portal and store designed for the ASP.NET web developer community.
- ASPSnippets – Free ASP.Net Code Snippets, Tutorials, Articles, Technical Stuff, Tips, Solutions and much more.
- BinaryIntellect – The .NET and Web Development Knowledge Base
- C# Corner – Articles, tutorials, source code samples, tips, and resources related to ASP.NET using C#.
- Channel 9 – Channel 9 keeps you up to date with videos from people behind the scenes building products at Microsoft.
- Codango – Web Development Reviews, Resources, Inspiration.
- Code Project – Your Visual Studio and .NET Homepage
- CodeGuru – Number one developer Web site on in the Internet specializing in Windows and .NET development using Visual C++, C# and Visual Basic.
- DevCurry – Articles on ASP.NET, jQuery, SQL Server, and more. What's cooking developers?
- Developer Fusion – Developer Fusion, the UK developer community - VB, ASP, C#, .NET, and XML tutorials and source code.
- Developer.com – Developer.com offers daily news, articles, and tutorials for professionals involved in the development of applications and other technical solutions.
- Dot Net Tricks – Handy tricks, tutorials, training and more for beginners and professionals.
- DotNetCurry – DotNetCurry.com connects over 450,000 .NET and related technology professionals every month and continues its efforts to keep them up-to-date with the latest Microsoft technologies. The site features articles and tips on .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX, jQuery, LINQ, Silverlight, Visual Studio, Expression Web, Sharepoint, C#, VB.NET, Windows Forms, WPF, Windows Phone 7 and Office and delivers content to over 10000+ Newsletter and RSS Subscribers every week.
- DotNetFunda.com – DotNetFunda.Com is a popular online tutorials and guide for latest Microsoft technologies aimed for beginners and intermediate level professionals.
- Dotnetgallery.com – DotNetGallery.com is a popular online interactive .NET community learning website, dedicated to helping programmers to learn Microsoft .NET and allied technologies.
- DotNetKicks – .NET content, community driven
- DotNetSlackers.com – ASP.NET News for Lazy Developers
- DotNetVideos.net – Hundreds of VIDEOS (screen captures with narration) of all the data tutorials (for C# version, however, they are easy to follow for VB.NET developers too) of www.asp.net website.
- The Morning Brew – The Morning Brew is a daily .NET software development link blog.
- Nettuts+ – Web development tutorials, from beginner to advanced
- **NuGet **– NuGet is the package manager for the Microsoft development platform including .NET. The NuGet client tools provide the ability to produce and consume packages. The NuGet Gallery is the central package repository used by all package authors and consumers.
- p2p.wrox.com – Wrox.com is the official home on the Web for Wrox Press. Here, you can find information on current and upcoming Wrox titles, as well as errata and downloadable code for all Wrox titles found on this Web site.
- RegXLib – Regular Expression Library provides a searchable database of regular expressions.
- SharpToolBox – Development tools and libraries for .NET
- Simple-Talk – A technical journal and community hub from Red Gate
- Stack Overflow – Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers.
- Tech.pro – Tech.pro is a professional network built for developers and tech folks. Re-connect with colleagues, share your expertise, and learn from the pros.
- PluralSight – is the largest online tech and creative library on the planet. The revolutionary Pluralsight training library provides developers, IT admin and creative professionals everywhere with instant access to a rich collection of online training courses delivered by over 700 world-renowned industry experts.
- MSDN - The official Microsoft Developer Network
- And so many more!
9. It’s not popular.
No wonder why thousands of popular websites uses ASP.NET.
10. And…….. You might want to start learning ASP.NET now!
ASP.NET offers all (or at least most) of the things you need in building dynamic web sites, apps and services. It’s free, open source and widely used across the globe with tons of online community that are there ready to help if you are having difficulties in the middle of your ASP.NET development. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start learning ASP.NET.